-->

Saturday, April 27, 2013

April 27. Day 117. Coming up for breath

It is easy to forget the things that matter.
And it can be easy to forget the simple things that make you feel good. This afternoon I decided to ignore the marking, the housework and the growing pile of washing and I sat in the sun on the grass and played with the puppy followe by a nap. And then my niece and nephew Jessie and Connor arrived on the doorstep demanding a swim as you do at 5pm in the middle of autumn.
The marking, the washing and the housework will still be there tomorrow but having taken time out to give myself a chance to come up for breath will make the task easier to tackle. Well that's the plan anyway.
The thing is that when you are time poor it is easy to forget to do the things that make you feel good because they are not as important as the things that "need doing".
I have to keep reminding myself that this is crap and is a false time economy in the end. The time invested in a long walk in the sun or playing with the kids is time well spent, always.
So here's Connor propelling himself off the bottom of the pool. I've never marked an assignment that gave me that much delight. I could do well to remember that the next time I feel like I don't have time to come up for breath.

13 comments:

  1. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up!
    I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later. Cheers

    Look into my page :: womens armitron watches

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all need to take a breath sometimes and remember to just enjoy the moment. Great photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. again another brilliantly caught picture. yes we all need to stop and take a breath

    ReplyDelete
  4. great capture - and words too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to take time out and appreciate the important things. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great moment - so full of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another awesome photo! And yes, to hell with the marking (I am a teacher too!!)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes we all have to stop and make time for the things that really matter - children that are growing up too quickly! Lovely action photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magnificent photo, how many did you take to get that one? And you're right, need to come up for air every so often.

    Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, he only did it twice for me so about 8 frames in all. Something of a new personal best

      Delete
  10. It's always the little things that matter in life. My ironing pile gets bigger and is hanging out of the cupboard but I still prefer to see the smile on the grandsons face! (Even if he does run us ragged!)

    ReplyDelete